MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Dan Carey-Whalen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:10:31 -0500
Hello all,
I just got around to reviewing my notes from Annapolis and realized
that someone had asked about the cost of contracting with the Kauffman
Museum for shipping the exhibit around Kansas.
The cost, at the moment, is an estimate (and was based on the
agreement signed in September).  I mention this because the contract
was contingent on gas prices and everyone knows how much they have
gone up.
Regardless, the Kansas Humanities Council contracted with the Kauffman
Museum to ship and install New Harmonies in 5 communities (since MOMS/
SITES ships to the first and from the last communities, in addition to
setting up the first site) for a little over $4000.  Once again, this
is an estimate and I imagine it will go up do to the price of gas, but
at least this is a ball park figure.
Dan

Daniel Carey-Whalen
Director of Programs