MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Alex Buell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 11:42:53 -0400
Happy Monday,

Attached is the RFP we've been using here in Florida the last few years.
It's the only RFP we have that still uses an old-fashioned paper
application (though that will likely change to an online version next
year).

Regarding the transportation/lift-gate issue, we reached out to a local
vocational school that has a truck-driving program. This means that we're
coordinating the transportation state-wide, but the school only charges us
for the price of diesel, so our transportation costs have be negligible.
This partnership has been going on for about 4 years now and has been
great.

The did have to buy a lift-gate for their truck, but saw this project as a
great opportunity for their students. Their students have to log a certain
number of miles and usually haul "simulated weight". They might as well be
hauling real cargo!

Hope that helps,

Alex Buell
Program Coordinator