MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
David Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:24:17 -0600
Carol,

Concerning the Roots Music exhibit, an introductory piece that I saw
referenced the importance of the drum, and I agree. However there is a
statement that read "... always the drum." With this I do disagree.
Although I am certainly not a musicologist I can think of several types
of music including bluegrass, mass choir gospel, and much of the blues
wherein drums are not an integral part. Perhaps this statement has
already been altered or done away with. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks,
David

PS Looking forward to seeing you on Tues. Sept 13 in Decatur for our
Between Fences installation workshop.