TEACHART Archives

June 2002

TEACHART@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
A lindsay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
NMAA Art Curriculum Teacher Conference <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:58:42 -0400
If your request is regarding Native Americans, there is an artist named Karl
Bodner who might be what your looking for. He traveled in the 19th century into
Indian country. I saw his works in an exhibition at the Smithsonian about 15
years ago but I believe that the exhibition was organized by the Joslyn Museum
here is the link I know there was a catalogue and that issue was discussed

http://www.joslyn.org/permcol/west/pages/bodmer1.html