From:
"Reiter, Sara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:17:01 -0500
Michele et al:  Last year I attended a Color Measurement Workshop at AATCC
(American Association of Textile Chemist and Colorist)  The consensus I
recieved from the experts in the field is that we should be using
spectrophotometers and not colorimeters for long term measurements.
Colorimeters are designed for immediate color matching and are not accurate
over the long term.  The AATCC website has a list of suppliers  at
www.aatcc.org.

Sara Reiter
Associate Conservator of Costume and Textiles
Philadelphia Museum of Art