From:
Alyssa Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:21:54 -0700
Hello and Happy New Year!

I have a question about using a solvent called d-limonene (found in citrus
oil) to remove stains from historic textiles.  Because commercial products
with d-limonene can be effective on contemporary laundry, and d-limonene is
considered a less toxic than toluene, I 'm wondering if it could be used to
remove adhesive (in this case from a sticker on a linen napkin) without
damaging the textile or myself.   Has anyone tried this, or encountered any
research articles on d-limonene and its laundry applications?

Many thanks for your suggestions!

Alyssa Becker
SCMRE Fellow, Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 E. 91 St.
New York, NY; 10128
Phone: 212-849-8462
E-mail: [log in to unmask]