From:
Ann Frisina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:21:08 -0400
I am currently preparing for discussions on lux levels and lux hrs at my
institution.  We have been keeping track of the time an item is exhibited
for.  Sensitive textiles are for the most part not exhibited in anything
higher than 50 lux for 150,000. This standard is up for discussion
depending on the artifacts level of sensitivity, it’s rarity in the
collection, and level of public interest.  Currently there is a push to no
longer track this information for our records.  My question is what are
other institutions/ conservators advocating?  Are other institutions
tracking this type of information?

Thanks for your time.

Ann Frisina
Textile Conservator