From:
Joanne Hackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:26:22 -0500
Ann,
You might try calling the folks at Lacis in Berkeley.  Not only do they
carry lace making supplies, books, and other needlework materials, they
carry an extensive stock of antique lace and linens.  They may have what
you're looking for.  Their phone information should be on the website.
http://www.lacis.com/

Joanne Hackett
Associate Textile Conservator
Indianapolis Museum of Art
4000 Michigan Road
Indianapolis, IN 46208

I have 3 windows in the James J Hill house which require 6 panels of
Battenburg lace curtains.  The Minnesota Historical Society has some of
the original curtains from other rooms as a design reference.  My
thought was to search for battenburg tablecloths and make them into
curtains since we do not have a large enough budget for reproductions,
at least not yet.  But I was wondering if anyone else has some
references, insights, or contacts that might be helpful.

As an aside note of interest, these battenburg curtains were listed as
"Brussels Lace" in the original 1892 invoices.

Thank you
Ann Frisina
Textile Conservator
Minnesota Historical Society