From:
"Chapman, Vivien" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:24:31 +0100
We frequently use Tyvek in preference to cotton tape. It is certainly no
stiffer than cotton tape, it doesn't fray and it's much easier to write on.
We attach in different ways dependent on the textile. A costume or fairly
intact textile will have a strip of similar dimensions to cotton tape
stitched to it with large tacking stitches in very fine thread at each end,
matching thread to textile if it will show on the front. A fragment will
have a smaller Tyvek rectangle threaded on a long loop of fine polyester
thread which passes through the textile, or a suitable hole in it. The label
on its loop can be tucked behind the textile when on display.

Hope this helps

Vivien Chapman
National Museums Liverpool

Congratulations Liverpool - European Capital of Culture 2008
National Museums Liverpool Legal Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this
email in error please take no action based upon any information contained
within it and delete it immediately without retaining a copy.
of computer viruses.  However, National Museums Liverpool will not accept
any liability and all recipients are advised to carry out their own virus
checks upon receipt.