From:
ronnee barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:30:28 -0500
Dear Rebecca,

I came up with a solution to a rug and pad dilemma a year or so ago.  The
rug was very thin, medium sized, delicate, and was going to be walked on
with care.   Considering that your rugs will be walked on, and heavily, I
wonder if this or something like it would work for you.  Like Deborah, I
used felt beneath the rug, source of which I would be happy to look up. I
collected many samples by doing a google search, among other things, and
came up with something that is very dense and not thick.   I sewed this to
the rug, with careful long stitches beneath that could adjust to changes in
temp/humidity.   I also placed a cotton/linen (from Testfabrics) lining
beneath this, sewn at same time.  then a grip pad can be used if desired,
beneath the entire thing. it does not touch the rug but provides some
grip.  (I contemplated sewing the thin sticky pad to the whole package, but
did not.)  The sewing was hard because of all the factors
involved--dimensionality of all the different fibers; the fact that it will
be walked on; but for this situation, it seemed the most appropriate.   Ronnee