From:
Joanne Hackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2013 10:27:45 +0000
Hi Sarah,
We also use Gems - which is part of the Proportion Ltd group who make an excellent line of dress forms as well.  We have found that the 'Fashionista' line of mannequins - which can be ordered in a specially adapted 'skinny' version works really well for 20th century couture being narrow across the shoulder and generally smaller in scale over all.  They have been very helpful over the years making us versions of mannequins with no feet, no breasts and so on.
http://www.proportionlondon.com/

And, for very odd and out of the way shapes such as mannequins for the ballet figures in the Diaghilev exhibition we use H&H sculptors.
http://www.thehandhgroup.co.uk/

Best
Joanne Hackett
Victoria and Albert Museum

>>> "Reiter, Sara" <[log in to unmask]> 04/02/2013 19:44 >>>
We are investigating the possibility of having a custom mannequin
sculpted/built/molded for Grace Kelly's wedding dress which is in our
collection.  Can anyone recommend a fabricator?

Thank you.

Sara Reiter

Sara Reiter

The Penny and Bob Fox Conservator

of Costume & Textiles

Philadelphia Museum of Art

215-684-7577

Light from the Middle East: New Photography
Until 7 April 2013 at the V&A South Kensington
This exhibition was made possible through the establishment of the Art Fund Collection of Middle Eastern Photography at the V&A and the British Museum
Admission free

Modern British Childhood, 1948-2012
Until 14 April 2013 at V&A Museum of Childhood
Admission free

Keep in touch
Sign up for V&A e-newsletters www.vam.ac.uk/signup
Become a fan on Facebook.com/VictoriaandAlbertMuseum ( http://www.facebook.com/VictoriaandAlbertMuseum )