From:
"M. Geiss-Mooney" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:09:32 -0700
Good morning, all - When the strange posting arrived here, the computer
virus program installed to scan all incoming e-mails detected a virus
attached (klezworm I think it said) and so automatically deleted it and
apprised me that it had done so. So beware!
Regards,
Meg Geiss-Mooney
Textile Conservator

                    "Mary W.
                    Ballard"             To:     [log in to unmask]
                    <BallardM@SCMR       cc:
                    E.SI.EDU>            Subject:     Strange posting: One here.
                    Sent by:
                    Textile
                    Conservators
                    SI.EDU>

                    09/17/2002
                    07:32 AM
                    Please respond
                    to Textile
                    Conservators

Jane: I did not send this file and I have contacted the OIT
to determine what happened. Thank you for emailing me.
Normally, when I send out a posting it will not come to me
(or you) but it will be listed in my/your 'sent' file. I
have no such listing nor anything my 'trash' pertaining to
the Textile Conservation Discussion List from yesterday.
Mary

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/17/02 07:40AM >>>
Dear Mary,

I'm writing to confirm that you sent this file.   The
Subject line is
somewhat eninmagtic (I must have missed a posting) and I am
having
difficulting opening the 7874 file.   My McAfee Virus
program initiates a
diagnostic scan that then gets "stuck" and won't open the
file.I have a Mac,
which also adds a degree of complication when reading
files.

I assume that "one here" refers to something in your lab or
the collection of
SI.

If you could just forward this query back to me, I'll take
that as a
confirmation that you sent the file and that I've got a
glitch in my
software.

Sorry totake time from all your work....

Best regards,

Jane Hammond