From:
Andrea Lang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:43:41 +0200
Dear colleagues,
does anybody know the weave of these two woven fabrics?
They are from a guidon belongs to a regiment of the King’s German Dragoons. The legion (King’s German Legion) was founded in Great Britain 1803, when the electorate of Hanover dispersed because of the Napoleonic Occupation. It is made in England, probably between 1805 and 1807. The dragoons had colours from plain silk, while the colours of many other units are from damask. But it seemed to be, that these fabrics are not typical  for British Colours. I will attach some photographs.

The green/blue one here is the ground textile of the guidon.
The red one  is this one in the middle of the colour. The silk is rep weave with added linen threads in the weft system.

I am looking forward and would be pleased to get some answers.

Kind regards

Andrea

-
Stiftung Deutsches Historisches Museum
Unter den Linden 2
10117 Berlin
Telefon:	030/20304-0
Fax:	030/20304-543
kommissarischer Präsident: Dr. Dieter Vorsteher-Seiler