From:
Katrin Kania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:34:30 +0100
Hello Conservators,

I am looking for a way to plissé silk (or, alternatively, thin linen)
fabric for a dress reconstruction. I have asked in a plissé shop where
they told me that nowadays only fabrics not purely made from natural
fibres are pleated, as they hold the pleating better. But there must be a
way to fix the folds in silk and linen as well. Can anybody help me with
this?

Thank you,
Katrin Kania

--

Katrin Kania M.A. - Buckenhofer Weg 54 - 91058 Erlangen - Germany
tel. +49-(0)9131-816665