From:
Jean Tetreault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:08:34 -0400

Subject: New book on pollutants in museums and archives

We are pleased to add "Airborne Pollutants in Museums, Galleries and
Archives: Risk Assessment, Control Strategies, and Preservation Management"
to our series of publications. This book written by Jean Tetreault attempts
to define the key airborne pollutants for indoor museum environments and
provide some basic tools to assess the risk to collections exposed to these
pollutants. It also establishes guidelines for control strategies that give
flexible, pragmatic solutions and provides a simple tool for cost-benefit
analyses that can fulfil the principles and policy of individual museums.
It will be an ideal reference for anyone (e.g. museum directors, building
and collection managers, conservation professionals, material scientists,
exhibit designers, HVAC engineers, indoor air consultants, and architects)
involved in making decisions regarding the preservation of collections.

Airborne Pollutants in Museums, Galleries, and Archives provides principles
and strategies to answer the questions “What are the major pollutant
problems in museums?” and “What are the most efficient methods to solve
them?” Priority actions are evaluated to ensure that efforts are balanced
between available resources and potential benefits. The goals of this book
are to:
- define key airborne pollutants for indoor museum environments
- supply tools based on the exposure–effect relationship to assess the risk
to the collection exposed to pollutants
- establish guidelines for control strategies that give flexible, pragmatic
solutions
- offer guidelines for assessing the degree of protection of the
collections
- provide a basic tool for cost–benefit analysis that fulfils the
principles and the policy of the museum
- propose an investigative approach for evaluating the degree of
preservation of a collection in terms of the aggressiveness of pollutants
and for identifying causes of damages

ISBN 0-662-34059-0
21.5 x 28 cm (8.5 x 11"), paperback, 168 pp.
In Canada: CAN $50 - Other countries US$50

This publication can be ordered through the Bookstore of our Web site at
https://www.cci-icc.gc.ca/bookstore/index-e.cfm or by contacting our
Publications Sales Office at (613) 998-3721, ext. 250.

Consult also the e-supplement of the book:
http://www.cci-icc.gc.ca/links/pollutants/index_e.shtml

P.S.: please accept my apologies if you receive this information from
different sources.

(See attached file: Order-Pollutants.pdf)