From:
"Ballard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:47:06 -0500
Elizabeth:

You can consult with a carpet dealer or a gallery dealer in modern art. An auction house might help you get started. The library hopefully has a replacement valuation (and had it on a special schedule). They need the 2010 retail [replacement] value of the 1970's object...not its wholesale worth. The library should have done that before they went out for conservation. Hali magazine has auction values for carpets and textiles for a ball-park.

Mary