Date:
Thu, 13 May 2010 09:51:58 -0400
Many thanks for your very prompt lead. I will definitely this follow up.

As long as you have an expert in the family,  would you husband know if where I come acquire a replacement brass button (real or reproduction) for another Marine coatee of this period (1840's).  The client has not equested this (certainly not necessary to its structural "health'), but it would be a nice finishing touch.

I do not have the files here to give you the accession records information, but the coatee is emerald green wool with off-white/excu wool trim around the edges of the tails and for the lining of the tails.  The button that is missing is at the back waist and is about 3/4" across; it has an anchor and thirteen stairs and two flags (?).  I have often done business with George Anderson in Alexandria VA, but I don't think he deals in uniform materials this old and he recently closed down his "retail" shop.

Again thanks for your response.