Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:29:44 -0400

Hello Yoonjo Lee,

For the past 27 years we have used Sandoz dyes and followed their
industrial procedures. The Sandoz company renamed several years ago their
dye department which is now referred to as Clariant  but they are still
part of the Sandoz mother company.

I was referred to Sandoz by Ciba-Geigy as Ciba-Geigy stated that it was
more involved in suppling pigments to the plastic and paint companies in
Canada rather than to the Canadian textile industries.

Sandoz/Clariant  has always been and still is very supportive of our needs.
They even allowed me to train and work on our CCQ projects, in their client
bassed services dye lab, in Montréal, until we purchased our own industrial
computerized dye sample machine.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Little
Restauratrice
Responsable - Atelier des textiles

Ministère de la Culture, des Communications et de la Condition féminine
Centre de conservation du Québec (CCQ)
1825, rue Semple
Québec (Québec) G1N 4B7

Téléphone:  (418)  643-7001  poste 230
Télécopieur:  (418)  646-5419
http://www.mcccf.gouv.qc.ca

                         Yoonjo Lee
                         <yleecoyote
                         @HOTMAIL.CO                                    A:
                         Envoyé par                                    cc:
                               :
                               Texti                                Objet:
                               le            dyes
                               Conse
                               rvato
                               rs
                               <TEXC
                               ONS@S
                               I-LIS
                               TSERV
                               .SI.E

                         2007-10-28
                               13:22

Hello Everyone,

I'm just curious, but has anyone used Procion MX or H dyes for dyeing
support fabrics?  Dylon dyes?  If so, what are the pros and cons?  Are
there any other dyes that textilians use besides Ciba-Geigy?

Any information would be much appreciated! Thank you and Happy Halloween!

Yoonjo Lee
Mellon Fellow, Textile Conservation
Los Angeles County Museum of Art