From:
Jennifer Hein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:43:10 -0500
> Jennifer,
I read through all of the responses & did not see this....
I have had good luck with black afro combs of various coarseness. I
start with the thick large ones and progress down to the smaller ones
then use a bone folder when untangling fringe,

they're smooth and glide through the tangles nicely.

 Gravity also will assist, if you allow the fringe to hang over the
> edge of your work table (on 2 sides).  It helps if your work table
has a rounded edge ( or a padded table)

(This is good) Start at the bottom of the fringe and work up towards
the point of attachment.

--Jennifer Hein
Preservation Consultant
Historic Object Conservator of Textiles, Leather & Ethnography
PO Box 90379, Indianapolis, IN 46290
317-575-9296