From:
"Reiter, Sara" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:05:24 -0500
Dear Mary et al:  While a graduate intern at LACMA in 1993-94  I did some
preliminary research on the Space Bags.  The plastic they were using at the
time was inert - it was a food-service grade laminate. I have some here at
PMA that I use for making bags for Oxygene Deprevation Chambers.  I wouldn't
use the compression feature for any historic or museum worthy items as the
creasing could be pretty extreme.   My parents have a set of smaller Space
Bags that they use for traveling and love them.

Sara Reiter
Philadelphia Museum of Art