From:
Mary Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:32:35 -0500
Tom: The Triennial Meeting in Rio (2002) had a commercial exhibition space
as did the one in Lyon (1999). They are trying to promote having exhibitors
at ICOM-CC now. Also, at the Triennial meeting the Textile Working Group &
the Dutch Textile Group will be planning an additional day of meeting after
the ICOM-CC conference closes. The Dutch & Belgians are talking about having
something like a pilgrimage map of places with textiles & conservation
exhibitions--for those of us who want to see what's doing in the vicinity.
Consequently we are expecting a good turn out (150+ textile
conservators).About 1500 conservators will probably come to the Triennial
meeting.  For the Greek interim meeting, we may have 300-500 conservators
(leather, textiles, legal issues ICOM-CC working groups). Mary

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/11/04 01:19PM >>>
Mary Mary-

Not sure if this would be worth exploring for a commercial endeavor, do
they
have a commercial exhibit planned?

The Triennial Meeting
of ICOM-CC will take place September 2005 in the Netherlands

We have a good agent in NL (across the way from Unilever in Vlaardingen,
near
Rotterdam) and might be interested in pursueing if it is warranted.

Will also try to contact various organizers and relevant responsible
people
for other related activities noted in this newsletter.

Thanks, I think I am starting to get 'back into the fray'.

Tom