From:
Esther Methe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2013 15:58:17 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

NATCC (North American Textile Conservation Conference) is a not-for-profit (501(c)3) organization that was formed to improve the quality of textile conservation by sponsoring biennial conferences and publishing the papers from those conferences. After our ninth biennial meeting in San Francisco, we have one open position and are inviting applications from our North American colleagues to join the 12-member board of NATCC.

As specified in the NATCC Bylaws, new Directors are elected by a majority of the Board to serve a 4-year term. Board members, who must be practicing textile conservators, curators, or scientists, are responsible for the organization of the biennial conferences. The NATCC Board meets twice per year, once during the AIC Annual Meeting and once at another time and place agreed upon by the Board. During a biennial conference year, the second meeting generally occurs on the day after the conference. The language of business for the Board is English.  NATCC does not reimburse Board members for travel expenses associated with attending Board meetings.

We are especially interested in bringing our meetings to a wider geographic area, which requires regional board members to serve as the nucleus for the local committee. With that in mind, we are especially interested in hearing from our colleagues in Canada, the southwest, midwest, and west coast of the United States, and Mexico. Among the qualifications that the NATCC Board is seeking are – a proven ability to work collaboratively, fluency in Spanish and/or French, South/Central American affiliations, institutional support, and previous Board experience.

Those interested in serving on this congenial Board should write a letter describing their experience, qualification and statement of interest to: Esther Méthé, NATCC Secretary,   [log in to unmask] Letters are due by October 31, 2013.  The Board will announce its decision by January 6, 2014.

We invite you to contact any current Board member for more information:
Sarah Confer, [log in to unmask]; Emilia Cortes, [log in to unmask]; Joy Gardiner, [log in to unmask]; Christine Giuntini, [log in to unmask]; Claudia Iannuccilli, [log in to unmask]; Yadin Larochette, [log in to unmask]; Hector Manuel Meneses Lozano, [log in to unmask]; Esther Méthé, [log in to unmask]; Denise Migdail, [log in to unmask];  Lorena Román, [log in to unmask]; Sarah Stevens, [log in to unmask]; Beth Szuhay, [log in to unmask]

Please share this message with textile conservation colleagues who may not subscribe to this list.  Thank you.

Esther Méthé
NATCC Secretary

Margaret Wing Dodge Chair in Conservation
Chief Conservator
The Textile Museum • 2320 S Street  NW • Washington, DC 20008
tel. 202.667.0441, ext. 18 • fax 202.483.0994