From:
Amann conservation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 11:32:24 -0400
Sandy,

The one I worked on didn't have a label.  There didn't appear to be any
evidence of there having been one.  The lining fabric on the reverse was
red, plain weave and somewhat heavy.  There was an inner support fabric that
was visible through insect damage on the front face.  It was white plain
weave and felt somewhat stiff.  There was distortion and creasing along the
sides of the banner, but it had been in storage for a while and was poorly
rolled and handled.  There were casings at the top and bottom but there were
plain metal tubes, 3/4" in diameter and no other apparent way to hang them.

Carol