From:
"Ballard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:18:00 -0400
When you say drycleaned, do you mean that the building, the walls, and
the entire collection were vacuumed with HEPA vacuum cleaners or was it
in combination with compressed air? Is the lead contamination in the
form of a particulate? A dust?

Mary W. Ballard
Senior Textiles Conservator,
Museum Conservation Institute, Smithsonian Institution
4210 Silver Hill Road, Suitland MD 20746 U.S.A.
tel: 301-238-1210 fax: 301-238-3709
email [log in to unmask]