From:
"Ballard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:49:30 -0500
In message <[log in to unmask]
>, Egress Foundation <[log in to unmask]> writes

    CSROT / BTH Textile Research Database

    Stichting Egress Foundation

    Herenstraat 1A,   NL-1015 BX Amsterdam

    [log in to unmask]      T: 31 (0)6 4432.441
    www.egressfoundation.net

    New Textile Database Now Online

    We are more than pleased to announce that our Open-Access
    Bibliographica Textilia Historiae Database is now available
    online as a beta version before it is formally launched later in
    2010.

    As you may be aware, the Bibliographica Textilia Historiae, the
    first and only annotated bibliography attempting to document all
    facets of the world history of textiles was first published in 1997
    as a printed book. At that time it contained over 5,000 titles -
    printed books and pamphlets, serials, articles and offprints,
    dissertations, royal decrees and laws- published since the late
    fifteenth century to date, treating all aspects of the history of
    handwoven textiles, including woven and printed textiles,
    embroidery, lace, tapestry, dyeing, carpets, weaving and fiber
    technology, pattern books, and costume, among many other subjects.

    Since that time we have been working to prepare an enlarged edition,
    which now contains over 9,000 records with over 25,000 individual
    entries of authors, articles, reviews and books, of which circa 750
    titles are pre-1800. This new enlarged edition is now available
    online as a open-access database fully-searchable by multple
    keywords and criteria. It is free to use without any charge or
    registration whatsoever. For more information and to access the
    database, click here.

    To use the database just click here to first go to the information
    page to read the search rules, and then follow the link and go to
    the database itself to begin your search.

    As you are doing this we would very much appreciate if you can give
    us your feedback so we can improve the database before it is
    officially launched.

    In addition, we are also interested in establishing links
    between our database and other other open-access online
    textile-related databases. If this is of interest to you and your
    library, please contact us at the above email address.

    Thank you, Seth Siegelaub

    This is a project of the Stichting Egress Foundation, a cultural
    foundation in Amsterdam; for more information go to:
    www.egressfoundation.net

    This message is being sent to you because you have specifically
    requested to receive it or we believe that it would be of interest
    to you.  If this is not the case, and for any reason whatsoever you
    do not want to received our emailings, please return this email
    with the word Unsubscribe and we will instantly no longer send you
    any emailings.  On the other hand, if you do want t0 receive our
    emailings (so they do not go into your "Junk" or "Spam" folders)
    please add our following email address as one of your contacts: