From:
Debbie Lema <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:33:37 -0600
Hi Rebecca,

I know people who have used a product called Rug Hold and have been very
satisfied with it.  It is a natural rubbery pad that grips the floor and
carpet so that it doesn't skid.  It also provides a cushion that is not
only friendly to people's feet, but is good for the carpet because it
helps retain the carpet's shape.  A side benefit is that padding
underneath a carpet aids vacuuming effectiveness.  This product, or one
like it, might be just what you need.  I don't know how many square feet
you have, but it looks like a good size persian pad runs about $100.  It
might be worth it compared to the time and effort it would take to do
all that sewing!   Plus you wouldn't risk pulling stitches and the
whatnot.
I don't know if it would cost less buying from a distributor or buying
direct, but I looked up Rug Hold's website, which is under construction
currently so it wasn't too helpful, but here's their number for you if
you want to check into it:  800-451-4563.  You could try one on one
carpet before doing all of them to test it and see if you like it.
Another suggestion I will slip in here, as I'm in the carpet cleaning
research business and can't help myself, is that when you replace
whatever gripping system you have, it would be a good time to rotate the
carpet.  Rotating area rugs helps even out traffic wear and keeps them
looking better longer.

The double-sided tape thing makes me cringe.  :-)

Debbie Lema