From:
Margunn Veseth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:57:21 +0200
I agree. You should try to control the environment.
In our museum we use heat or freezing as pest traetment.
We have our own heat chamber that we bought from a Swiss/ English
company. IT is quick and easy. Takes approximatly 12 hours from start to
the end. And as David Walker said "The heat may cause some physical and
chemical changes in the viscose/rayon, but it will probably not be
significant".

Margunn Veseth
Conservator,
Museum of Cultural History,
University of Oslo
Oslo
Tlf./faks: [+47 22 85 95 10 / 22 85 95 09]
www.khm.uio.no