From:
Maeva Schwend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:40:52 -0400
I work at the conservation department of a costume and textile museum in
Santiago, Chile, that is planned to open in a few years.

At this moment we are designing the future facilities and we are trynig to
gather some information to choose the best fire extinguishing system for the
storage areas.

We are beeing offered the FM-200(heptafluoropropane), an alternative to
halon gases.
On the other hand, reading some conservation publications, it seems that
museums and libraries are tending to install water sprinkler systems.

I would appreciate any comments on this matter, to help clarify our
decission,

Maeva Schwend

Hotmail  -  Absolut kostenfrei! Der weltweit größte E-Mail-Anbieter im Netz:
http://www.msn.de/hotmail