From:
"Gissing, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:15:19 +1000
We also have been using softened (mechanically) Tyvek as the substrate for
attaching object numbers. However, for sheer items or lace we use Reemay
(spun-bonded polyester). The Reemay tag is prepared with the object number
hand printed in indelible ink and sealed with a layer of Paraloid B-72
before stitching to the object.  (We use a low w/v% Paraloid so the Reemay
does not become stiff.)

Mary Gissing
Conservator of Cultural Material
Powerhouse Museum