From:
"Mary W. Ballard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:46:47 -0400
..Chris Dhondt textile conservator, in Belgium, studied in New York in the
mid 1980's...I have sad news for all who knew her. She died on Saturday
August 18 in a car crash in Panama. Her younger brother and sister-in-law
also died. I have no details. Her family knows little of her professional
contacts...please let them [her colleagues and professional contacts] know
what happened to her. It is a very sad end of a very full life. She was
involved in many conservation projects in Belgium, the US and South America.
Regards, Frieda Sorber, curator Fashion Museum Antwerp