From:
"Bailey, Dwight" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:25:57 -0500
The Harn Museum of Art also uses Remote Desktop (Windows XP) to give user's access to their computers. Once logged in to their machines users can run TMS. Remote desktop is done over a secure VPN connection (RRAS/PPTP). Everyone using Remote desktop has a DSL/Cable connection with a minimum 1.5mbps download speed. Another alternative is to install the TMS client on the remote computer, map the drives and use the VPN for network connectivity to the TMS database. The second alternative has a lot less throughput overhead - so it shouldn't be too painful for users with modems.

-Dwight

Dwight Bailey
Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art
SW 34th Street and Hull Road