From:
Stephanie Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:25:48 -0400
Dear TMS list-serv,

I'm hoping we can pick up on this old topic again to help me make a decision
on how which field(s) to use for our decorative arts/sculpture "unknown"
constituents. We wouldn't normally display "unknown" for dec arts-but
rather "Costal New England, probably Salem, Massachusetts, or Portsmouth,
New Hampshire" for example. Does anyone else list a place instead of
an "unknown" constituent like this?

The problem is-that most of them are more than 48 charaters
(prefix/suffix/culture) and most of them have qualifiers
like "possibly", "probably", "or", etc.-so they don't work in the geography fields
either. I'm also afraid it will get too "out of sight/out of mind" in text entries or
a udf.

Do any of you have constituents that refer to a place-or has anyone come up
with a good solution to listings such as the above?

Many thanks for any advice!!

Stephanie Hansen
Milwaukee Art Museum