From:
Chad Petrovay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2021 14:36:18 -0400
External Email - Exercise Caution
Anna,

To my knowledge, you cannot remove departments from general searches. TMS Cataloguer (and the other webapps) allow you to define filters that can easily be applied to queries, although I do not think these are automatically applied. As for the desktop client of TMS, there are only two ways that I am aware of that come close to achieving your desired outcome, but neither is a perfect match.

Virtual Objects
In DB Config, find the Configuration Label "IncludeVirtualObjects.Default" under "Query" and change the value to No.
Now mark all of your deaccession and deleted objects as Inactive.
[image.png]

If you want to include them in your result set, you will have to actively select the "Include virtual objects" option on query screens
[image.png]

Accessioned Objects
In DB Config, find the Configuration Label "AccessionedObjectsOnly.Default" under "Query" and change the value to Yes.
Find the Configuration Label "AccessionedObjectStatusID" Under "System" and select the value for your accessioned objects.

Now your searches will exclude anything that is not accessioned, unless you untick the option in your queries.
[image.png]

This option only really works if you've added object statuses to the entire collection, and you do not want mixed statuses (like "Accessioned" and "acquisitioned" and "long-term loans", etc)