From:
"Aylsworth, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2008 07:58:26 -0500
Hi Noel,

Normally we do have separate constituent records for each of the people in a collective, as well as a record for the collective.  We can play around with which are displayed or not, but having all of them linked allows for greatest searchability, we think.

For instance, we have records for Gilbert Proesch, and George Passmore, as well as for Gilbert & George.  On each of their constituent records, we have the appropriate other name as an alternate name which seems to work up to a point when using the FIND CONSTITUENT search, since that searches alternate names as well.

Can we add constituents as a "related" constituent on another constituent record?  I didn't think that you could with 9.35.  We'd like to be able to do this, though.  Is it something you can do?

David Aylsworth
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston