From:
Ella Rothgangel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:12:19 -0600
We keep all records created in TMS - be it object module, shipping,
loan, or exhibition modules - in TMS for the long-term.  We don't so
much worry about TMS being larger than the permanent collection, in fact
we appreciate having these other non-permanent collections records in
there for quick reference, especially when we want to look up when
something left and other Registrar department related questions.
Keeping everything in TMS is also great for generating statistics.

We identify permanent collection pieces in the object status field.  We
also keep the "accessioned objects only" box checked by default so that
users get the permanent collection first.  Those in the Registrar's
department are used to unchecking this box, but others in the Museum
appreciate having their searches automatically limited to the permanent
collection.

Hope this helps!

Ella Rothgangel
Collections Database Administrator