From:
Carrie Hadley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:45:44 -0400
Hi everyone!

My institution recently began using TMS, and we are on track to purchase eMuseum this fall, with the goal of having a small selection of records online by winter/early spring. Our collection contains roughly 40,000 records, many of which need cleaned-up data or photographs (or both!) before they go online, so we are trying to plan logistically how to accomplish this.

We would appreciate to hear the experiences of others who use eMuseum. How did your institution prepare records to go online? Who on your staff is responsible for reviewing and adding new records? What went into the design and function of your eMuseum site? Was there anything you wish you knew ahead of time? We switched from using Past Perfect, so any perspectives on moving from Past Perfect to TMS is appreciated as well. Feel free to contact me off list!

Thanks in advance!

Carrie Hadley
Collections Associate
Senator John Heinz History Center