From:
Stephanie Leverock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:24:50 -0500
Goodmorning All,
I am wondering how other institutions are using the Bibliography Module
and Bibliography and Published References fields in the Objects Module.
Do you make bibliography records only for references in your institution's
ARL?  If a bibliography record is linked to an object record, do you still
list the reference in the bibliography field of the object record?

And how do you distinguish what belongs in the Bibliography and Published
References fields?  Our registrars and librarians are trying to decide
this now and I am thinking that the Bibliography field should be for
citing related references and that Published References field should be
used to cite object related (ie: exhibition catalogues with entry on
object, article).

I appreciate your comments and ideas, Stephanie Leverock

Stephanie Leverock
Records Manager/Collections Review Coordinator
Brooklyn Museum of Art
200 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11238
Tel: 718-501-6483/Fax: 718-501-6135