Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Museum System (TMS) Users" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:25:08 -0400
From:
Chad Petrovay <[log in to unmask]>
External Email - Exercise Caution
A single-value text entry acts like a one-to-one field (ie. one value for each object).

  *   You can assign security to them; this means you can control who can view and edit the contents of these fields
  *   You can add them to query assistant and advanced query, making them easier to search
  *   They are easier to place on forms, because they do not need the Text Entry grid

If you do not need the added date,author,purpose, language, etc fields for managing the contents, or if there is only one value for the object, then single-value text entries are the way to go.

I also take the time to restrict Text Types, so that only SysAdmins can add them to the system. It takes a bit of work to reconfigure the security groups, but I find it well worth it to prevent users from just making up their own text types.