From:
Jonathan Thristan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:36:39 +0100
Hello!

At Tate we attach Objects to Exhibition records (directly if Tate
collection works or via Loan records if Object records for short term
loans-in to Displays/Exhibitions), as GS suggest, and run reports etc to
retrieve information on Exhibition history.  We record the status of
Objects relative to an Exhibition (agreed, declined, provisional etc) on
the Objects tab of the Exhibition record.  We don't currently use the
Bibliography module.  Secondly, our issue, we wondered whether anybody
has encountered any problems with Object, Exhibition or Loan records
where a Work is borrowed more than once, into different Exhibitions, but
using the same Object record each time (whether problems resulting from
the way TMS functions or from procedures).

EGs

if an Object changes hands between the first time it was borrowed and a
second time, then although the correct history of an Object can be
viewed via the Related function, because we display Acquisition related
constituents on Object records, this information doesn't display
correctly to reflect both the present loan and the previous one (I guess
we could simply stop recording Acquisition related Constituent Xref
details for short term loans in...).

If data about an object changes over time i.e. it's re-attributed or its
title is amended, it may be difficult to identify an object that is
currently being considered for loan-in as the same as an Object for
which we already have an Object record. A duplicate object record is
created and the ability to construct a complete exhibition history for
that object becomes problematic.

Regards
Jon

Tate