From:
Amy Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:14:03 -0700
We have one Unknown and one Anonymous and use prefix, suffix to modify, and do the same with Private Collection especially for provenance.  and yes audit trail on constituents would be wonderful.

Amy Noel
The J. Paul Getty Museum

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/12/03 08:50AM >>>
Yes, that's been a huge problem for us, and it has happened even with known
artist's. We wish there was an audit trail for constituents and/or some
other control (besides being very stingy with data entry priveleges) to keep
this from happening.

Susan Foster Garton
Data Administrator
Center for Electronic Research and Outreach Services
National Portrait Gallery
Tel:  (202) 275-1842
Fax:  (202) 275-1907

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/12/03 11:54AM >>>
Ours is called Artist/maker unknown.  But don't you just hate it when some
newbie changes it!  This happens about once in three months to us.

Avanti!
Jenny Wilker, Ph.D.
Collection Management System
Information Services