From:
"Portada, Kathryn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:24:51 -0400
This upgrade is not smooth for any Crystal reports that you may have
created.  The Gallery System "canned" reports will transfer fine, but any
Crystal reports that the Speed created will have to be fixed.  (especially
if they include the Constituent Country field).  Gallery does not support
any Crystal reports created by individual museums, if TMS changes with
regards to any of the fields you have used in your reports, you will have
to map these changes, update your formulas and reconstruct your Crystal
reports.  This can be time consuming.  BMA created over 100 personalized
Crystal reports (loan agreements, shipping crate lists, vouchers, form
letters) because we generate all paperwork for loans, exhibitions and
acquisitions from TMS.  Each time we go through an upgrade these reports
have to be fixed in some way.  As far as I know, through talks with Dimitry
and Brian, there really isn't anything that Gallery can/will do about it.

At 05:00 PM 10/18/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>There are 3 messages totalling 54 lines in this issue.
>
>Topics of the day:
>
>   1. TMS Upgrade (2)
>   2. TMS Upgrade (Your note has been received, but...)

>Date:    Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:15:07 -0400
>From:    Julie Thies <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: TMS Upgrade
>
>Hi
>
>I was wondering if anyone has any feedback, advice or comments on going
>through the TMS upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1 to 9.1.5.  Was it smooth sailing or
>a long and tough journey.  If you knew then, what you know now, what would
>you do differently.
>
>Any advice would be helpful.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Julie Thies
>Manager of Collections Information
>The Speed Art Museum, Louisville, KY
>(502) 634-2750
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date:    Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:17:50 -0400
>From:    Bruce Young <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: TMS Upgrade (Your note has been received, but...)
>
>Your note has been received, but...
>
>Bruce Young is out of the office until October 28.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date:    Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:34:05 -0400
>From:    "Ojibe, Lawrence" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: TMS Upgrade
>
>The upgrade is pretty smooth , no hiccups. Try as much as possible to use
>UNC for all your clients upgrade. This should make any future upgrades much
>easier.
>
>Lawrence O.
>--------------------------
>Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld (www.BlackBerry.net)

>End of TMSUSERS Digest - 9 Oct 2002 to 18 Oct 2002

Kate Portada
NAGPRA Project Manager/Records Manager
Brooklyn Museum of Art
200 Eastern Parkway