From:
Jeffrey Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:56:13 -0400
At NMAfA we use the Loan/Reserve Status field and the following values:
open, closed, pending, released. Our receipts are keyed to these values and
we use the Remarks field to add dates & notes.

Jeffrey Smith
Database Administrator
Smithsonian Institution
PO Box 37012
National Museum of African Art
Room 1110, MRC 708
Washington, DC 20013-7012
phone 202-35-74600 ext. 242
fax        202-357-4879

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/11/03 11:47AM >>>
The following is a question from NPG's Registrar's office:
Can anyone share with me how you track single objects within a loan of
multiple objects when that single object returns from loan earlier than
the
rest of the objects?  Is a new loan created for that single object or do
you
track the status of each object individually on the objects card in "Loan
reserve/status"?  For reporting purposes I need to be able to track the
exact dates each object has been out on loan.