From:
Amy Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:42:54 -0800
The Getty does not restrict the viewing of location to any staff member using TMS, but only a few can actually change locations.  Why would you not want education to see the location of an object or a scheduled move for a given object?

~Amy Noel

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/11/02 01:20PM >>>
Dear TMS Users,

Our institution is beginning to think about the ways in which the Education
Department will be using TMS and I am glad that they want to use TMS.  One
concern I have is in dealing with an objects' location.  I know that I can
delete the field for them through their security level but there might be
cases where they need to know the location of an object, for instance in
designing a tour.  I would be interested to know how other Education
Departments are using TMS and how you have dealt with the location issue.

Thanks,

Renee

Renee Bomgardner
Registrar