From:
Brad Hubley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:17:40 -0400
A colleague wants to create a range of object records starting with object number ROMIZ-I12725T1 ending with ROMIZ-I12754T1, e.g.,

ROMIZ-I12725T1
ROMIZ-I12726T1
.
.
ROMIZ-I12753T1
ROMIZ-I12754T1

We can create object numbers ranging from ROMIZ-I12726 to ROMIZ-I12754 but they don't include the last two characters of T1.

It makes sense to me that the Copy Range must be numeric and not alphanumeric but I'm wondering if there is any way to do this other than individually copying ROMIZ-I12725T1 with the new number of ROMIZ-I12726T1 and repeating this until she reaches ROMIZ-I12754T1.

I suggested they create object records with numbers such as ROMIZ-T1-I12725 as that would allow the generation of numbers to ROMIZ-T1-I12754 but their objects are already physically numbered.

Cheers,
Brad

Brad Hubley
Entomology Collection Manager