From:
Stephanie Leverock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:58:03 -0400
Hi Julie,
Here at the BMA we also have one Unknown constituent linked to thousands
of records and then we use the prefix and suffix fields to add more
information particular to the record, i.e: Unknown American Artist
(American Artist is entered in the suffix fields and the our reports are
formatted to input these fields).  We also use the Unknown Constituent for
Acquisition-Related when source of acquisition is unknown.
We used to have many different Unknown constituents (Unknown French,
Unknown German, etc.) but cleaned all of this up as it really became
messy.  So long as the Geography fields and culture (if possible) are
being entered, Unknown French, German, etc. can be queried for.  Hope this
helps.
-Stephanie Leverock, Brooklyn Museum of Art

> hi
> When adding the constituent of 'unknown' to your object records, do you
> have a separate unknown constituent for each individual object record,
> or one unknown constituent you link to numerous object records?   Do you
> have one unknown constituent record or thousands?
>
> Thanks
> Julie Thies
> Manager of Collections Information
> The Speed Art Museum

Stephanie Leverock
Records Manager/Collections Review Coordinator
Brooklyn Museum of Art
200 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11238
Tel: 718-501-6483/Fax: 718-501-6135