From:
Tania M. Rodríguez Santiago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 16:11:57 +0000
External Email - Exercise Caution

Hi,

In our case we had multiple records of the same artist with different names. We decided to keep the record with the current name and eliminate the others (remember TMS won't let you eliminate constituents if they are linked to an object record. First you must add the main constituent to those object records and then eliminate the one with the previous name). Later we added the previous names in the alternate names field in the selected constituent record and have had no problems when making queries.  If you search by any of the alternate names in the Constituent lookup assistant window, TMS will give you suggestions of the possible constituents with the alternate names linked to them. For recording the dates one suggestion could be using the Historical Dates field. You can create a Description like "Former/previous name". There you can add the dates and the name on the remarks. I believe you can also create a query for this field on the configurations window. I hope this helps!!!!!

Have a good day!

Tania M. Rodríguez Santiago
Art Collection Database Coordinator

P.O. Box 9027
Ponce, P.R.  00732-9027
(T): 787-840-1510
(F): 787-841-7309
(E): [log in to unmask]
(W): https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.museoarteponce.org%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7CTMSUSERS%40SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU%7C33c1e9ed6d9b428ca3ba08d87449b6a4%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C0%7C0%7C637387207237602701&amp;sdata=DFmDRcgN78Qxk2tlIcLEW4dcoVfioejXyZaVnSUkzwA%3D&amp;reserved=0

¡HAZTE SOCIO HOY!

Acceso al Catálogo PHRYNÉ

Consider the environment before printing this message
AVISO: Este comunicado contiene información privilegiada propiedad de la Fundación Luis A. Ferré / Museo de Arte de Ponce. Esta información y/o cualquier archivo adjunto son para uso exclusivo del destinatario. De haber recibido esta comunicación por error, se le notifica que cualquier acción tomada sobre su contenido está estrictamente prohibida.

WARNING: This communication contains privileged information property of the Luis A. Ferré Foundation / Museo de Arte de Ponce. This information and/or any attachments are for exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you received this communication by error, you are hereby notified that any action taken over its content is strictly prohibited.