From:
Carole Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:29:13 -0700
Hi Ella,

We do enter anonymous donors & lenders into our database.  We use the Displayed field to turn off the viewing of the constituents name, if they do not want their names known.  This removes their names from view in the record.  Our public reports have all been adjusted to not print the constituents name when the Displayed field is turned off, instead we print the Credit Line field for the donor/lenders name.

Only the Registrar's office has access to Loans and Shipping which is the other areas where the name may appear.

Thanks.
Carole.

Carole Campbell
Associate Registrar for Collections Management
J. Paul Getty Museum
1200 Getty Center Drive, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90049

>>> Ella Rothgangel <[log in to unmask]> 08/06/04 08:41AM >>>
We are looking at the issue of whether to add the names of anonymous
donors into acquisition constituents.  On one hand, we want to make the
donors' names as anonymous as we can and we have some trepidation about
the anonymity of acquisition constituents.  On the other hand, we don't
want to lose the ability to search for all objects given by a particular
donor if all or some of that person's donation was anonymous.

Do others include anonymous donor names in acquisition constituents?

Thank you,

Ella

Ella Rothgangel
Collections Database Administrator