From:
"Laurie Soures (" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:47:44 -0400
Hi Jen,

We use media records to link out to web addresses in several modules
(objects, bibliography, exhibitions, constituents).  You can add a new
digital media record to any of these.  You may have to configure your
media types authority if these options aren't already in there.  But,
you would choose 'Document' as your medium type and 'Web page file' as
your format.  We use 'http://' as our path and then add the entire rest
of the URL as the filename.  This will add a media record that then
links out to the web and the link can be seen from the originating
module if that media record is checked as the primary display rendition.

Laurie

Laurie Soures
Manager of Collections Information
George Eastman House