From:
Ariel Caruso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 08:25:44 -0400
Hello - I am curious how you all handle a constituent that has had multiple names over its lifespan? For example, a manufacturer that has changed company names 5 times from 1890-today.

They currently exist all as separate records but then there is no way to know that they are all actually the same constituent. I experimented with adding them as alternate names under the record of the first name, but when I try to see all related object records, it only provides me with objects featuring the main constituent. When adding an alternate name to a record, you also have to manually get rid of the display bio and can't add in the correct dates for that particular name. How do you handle this in your database? Any tips? Thanks!