From:
Julie Thies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:13:48 -0400
Good morning.
I have now started using one record as a group record for items such as a
tea service, and linking the individual records to the core record.  If
others are doing this as well, how do you handle location.  For example, a
tea service just went on display but half the pieces were kept in storage.
For the core 'group' record, what location do you use. The display location,
the storage location, or have you come up with a generic name location.
Since I'm using the group record more for information purposes, are any of
you using a location such as 'No location'.

Thanks
Julie Thies
Manager of Collections Information
The Speed Art Museum, Louisville, KY